PURPOSE OF ASSISTANCE
The purpose of Five County Community Action Assistance is to assist low-income individuals in becoming stabilized and work towards self-sufficiency. Assistance should also be sought when all other resources have been exhausted. Most assistance will also require clients to fall below the 125% federal poverty guidelines.
UPDATE 1/22/18: Direct client funding has been expended and many direct financial assistance are being put on hold until further notice except for the following:
- Food Distribution (Hurricane Valley Food Pantry or other pantry agencies in the Five County area: NOTE: You can still use the online application to apply for this for Switchpoint CRC, Iron County Care and Share, Kane County Care and Share, Hurricane Valley Food Pantry, Garfield County Care and Share, and Beaver County Food Networks.)
- Free tax preparation (including back returns)
- Homeless assessments for those who are unsheltered and not staying with friends/family.
- HEAT (Utility Assistance) and Crisis Assistance
Thank you for your understanding.
COMMON ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
- Birth Certificates / ID’s
- Monthly transit bus passes / gas voucher (for employment support only, although there are a few vouchers for seniors over 60 seeking medical treatment)
- Rental Deposit Assistance (usually up to $500.00)
- Emergency Clothing / Furniture Vouchers
- Emergency Food Boxes from the Utah Food Bank (distributed at the Hurricane Food Pantry and through subcontractors like Beaver County Food Network, Garfield County Care and Share, Iron County Care and Share, Kane County Care and Share), and Switchpoint Community Resource Center.
- Emergency Hotel Vouchers (in Beaver, Garfield, and Kane Counties only)
- Rapid Re-housing (short-term assistance for literally homeless clients at the top of the community housing list. This assistance is by invitation only, although any person experiencing homelessness is welcome to do an assessment