PURPOSE OF ASSISTANCE
The purpose of Five County Community Action Assistance is to assist low-income individuals in becoming stabilized and work towards self-sufficiency. Assistance should also be sought when all other resources have been exhausted.
Eligibility for many programs will vary by funding source. Some examples of eligibility include:
- Services provided through the Community Services Block Grant will generally fall at or below the 125% federal poverty guideline (but has been increased to 200% federal poverty guideline until December 16, 2022).
- USDA Food assistance through the Hurricane Valley Food Pantry can go up to 185% federal poverty guidelines
- The Free tax preparation (including back returns) program serves households earning less than $67,000.00 a year.
- Some homeless programs require Homeless assessments for those who are unsheltered and not staying with friends/family.
COMMON ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
- Birth Certificates / ID’s
- Monthly transit bus passes / gas voucher (for employment support only)
- Rental Deposit Assistance (usually up to $1,00.00)
- Rapid Re-housing (short-term assistance for literally homeless clients at the top of the community housing list. This assistance is by invitation only, although any person experiencing homelessness is welcome to do an assessment.