Five County AOG will NO Longer be accepting rental assistance applications for the statewide COVID rent relief program beginning February 26, 2021. Beginning March 15, 2021 please visit https://rentrelief.utah.gov/ to apply online
Rental Assistance can provide some rent for those affected by COVID-19
- Must live within the 5 county area (Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane, or Washington County)
- Must have a lease with all listed adults on it. If moving into a new unit, you must submit a lease, still. Unit must be a rental, not owned.
- Must be able to show a financial hardship due to COVID-19 (loss of job, decrease of hours, etc.)
- Income must be below 80% AMI
- Rental deposits
- Utility deposits
- Rental arrears
- Late fees
- Current rental charges
- Checks are paid directly to the landlord, or Utility company, absolutely no client reimbursements
start the application process here
Thank you for reaching out about rental assistance programs. The agency is currently receiving a high volume of applications and is working under new program guidelines. We will return calls and process applications as fast as possible.
The CDC has extended the eviction Moratorium until March 31, 2021. If you are worried about immediate eviction, we encourage you to complete the CDC DECLARATION FORM and provide a copy to your landlord.
If you have received any eviction or court documents prior to reaching out to our agency or while waiting to hear back from our agency, reach out immediately to People’s Legal Aid (PLA). PLA is a new non-profit legal aid organization in Utah focused on providing free legal assistance to people dealing with eviction and debt collection. They serve the entire state of Utah. To contact PLA, click HERE