Please note: Deposits can only be issued when there are funds available
One purpose of the Community Services Block Grant is to help overcome barriers to stability and self-sufficiency. Many individuals who can pay rent and/or utilities may not have deposits to move into an affordable housing units.
Five County’s Deposit Assistance Program helps households 2020-percentage-poverty-tool_0 with one-time rental/utility deposits. Funding is limited and those showing greater self-sufficiency are prioritized.
What this program is:
- Deposits given directly to landlords / utility companies
- Deposits for rentals that are around 30% of household monthly gross income
- Help for working households in shelter who are not eligible for rapid re-housing assistance
- Help for community members moving into more affordable housing
- Help for low-income families moving into the area for a new job
- Help doubled-up families in the area who are living in unsafe housing (too many individuals than what city code allows).
- One-time, once a grant cycle deposit into an affordable unit
What this program is not:
- Homeless prevention
- On-going rental assistance
- Mortgage / down payment assistance (this program is for rentals only!)
- A method to move into housing which is not affordable and reasonable for the living situation
- A method of moving family members from out of the area for non-employment reasons (such as for retirement).
- Funding for non-residents of the five county area
- Deposit assistance for those who have already moved into a unit and have back deposits owed
When candidates are approved for rental assistance, they will receive a rental move-in form for their landlord to complete. They will also be asked to submit a copy of the lease. Checks are mailed generally once a week.
For more information, please call (435) 674-5757.